Welcome to Explorers. Our teacher is called Mrs Nicholl and Mrs Cooke and Miss Crooks are our teaching assistants.
Welcome to your first year at school! We are all very excited for the term ahead and have already started to learn about the golden rules and how to keep our classroom happy and safe.
The children are very excited about their new topic, “What is a Reflection?”
This topic will develop the children’s curiosity, understanding, knowledge and imagination about mirrors, reflection and symmetry.
We will be learning about:
· About details of my own reflection;
· About things that are the same and things that are different;
· Materials that are shiny and those that are not;
· Materials that reflect and those that do not;
· How mirrors can be used to create symmetry and symmetrical patterns.
HOME LEARNING IDEAS
· Make a collage of shiny objects and materials i.e. spoons, foil, baubles etc.
· Go on a reflection walk and notice what you see.
· Go for a walk along a river and take photos of reflections.
· Look at pictures, paintings or books with reflections in them and write about what I can see.
· Draw, paint or create a picture of my reflection. Use some describing words to describe what I can see in the mirror.
· Look at symmetrical patterns in nature i.e. leaves butterflies and draw, paint or make them.
· Create a dance that has movement using both sides of my body.
The Easter Assembly..."They were all fantastic, I can't believe how good he has got at story telling!"
"I like learning about daffodils, they are the best because they are my favourite yellow flower."
"I can't wait to find out about the dinosaurs, they're just the best!
Information and reminders
- Don't forget to upload your holiday pictures and activities to Tapestry!
- Home learning tasks are set at the start of the term. Children can bring them in on any day.
- Children must have a coat at school.
- Children should be reading/being read too for at least 10 minutes a night.