Welcome to Astronauts class. Our Teacher is called Mrs Bembridge and Mrs Wright and Miss Hardy are our Teaching Assistants.
Welcome back to all the Astronauts!
The children are very excited about their new topic, “Am I the Fastest?”
This topic will develop the children’s curiosity, understanding, knowledge and imagination about sports, physical activity and outdoor play.
- We will be learning about:
- About things that are fast and slow;
- How to use our bodies for different sports, games and play;
- Different sports and equipment;
- About different sports and understanding rules.
HOME LEARNING IDEAS
- - Go to the park and play a game of football.
- - Going swimming
- - Watch different sports events on television.
- - Make up a game with a set of rules.
- - Go to the local sports centre and watch or take part in a sports group
- - Make a model of your favourite sport.
- - Make a piece of sports equipment such as, a tennis racket.
- - Visit the local library and borrow a selection of sports related books.
Thank for your continued support with Tapestry. I hope that you continue to add photographs, comments and clips on to your child’s account. If you have any questions regarding Tapestry don’t hesitate to ask any of the early year’s team.
Tutu loves coming to school and loves to learn, i am very happy with her progress and how much she has learnt since being in reception.
I love reading in our reading corner and I loved being a princess for the day.
Ideas to support your Child’s learning at home:
- Read and share stories about friends and relationships.
- Share family and friends photographs and experiences.
- Create models, paintings and pictures of family members.
- Discuss sharing and responsibilities.
We would really love to see the work that your children do at home. Please bring pictures of any WOW moments or anything you do with your child into school so we can display it on the homework board.
The class is very welcoming and the teachers are friendly and approachable. Lovely to see the progress Mason has made since it started in September
I like Sunshines because its good fun and we do lots of pictures and writing. I loved seeing the donkeys.
Information and reminders
The Foundation Stage Children (Nursery and Reception) will be going to Cleethorpes on Thursday 13th of July. The children will be going on the beach, having a paddle, playing games and having sand castle competitions.
The children will be leaving at approximately 9:15am and return by 3:30pm.
Please ensure that your child has a backpack containing:
- A sun hat
- Water bottles containing water
- A waterproof coat
- A spare set of clothes
- A packed lunch (nursery children only)
- A towel
Your child can come in normal clothes, but please ensure that they wear their school sweatshirt. This is for identification purposes.
Please apply sun cream to your child prior to the trip. If your child requires travel sickness medication please ensure that they have the tablet before coming to school. Please put another tablet in an envelope with your child's name on it for the return journey.
Please fill in the reply slip and return it as soon as possible.
- PE kits need to be in school everyday
- Home learning tasks are set at the start of the term. Children can bring them in on any day.
- Children must have a coat at school
- Children should be reading/being read too for at least 10 minutes a night
- Parents can view learning journals or take them home at night but they must be returned to school the next day