Welcome to scientists Class. Our teacher is Miss Picksley and our teaching assistant is Miss Lloyd. Last term we will be getting messy!
This term in year 2, we are going to get ‘messy’ as part of our Muck, Mess and Mixtures topic. We will be exploring different textures and materials through art, craft and cooking. Using these experiences we will write recipes and instructions while also investigating and retelling the story of George’s Marvellous Medicine! We have a class of Mathematicians and will be using this love of maths to extend their knowledge further. We will be focusing on the place value of numbers and addition and subtraction this term.
Year 2 is the best class ever. We have great fun in our lessons!
Our topic this term is 'Land ahoy'. We will be learning abut the sea, coast and pirates. . We will be exploring seaside resorts and finding out about all the things to do with the coast. We have also done topics on castles, plants and gardens as well as a topic all about art and mixing.
We will be writing pirate descriptions and pirate story. We will also be writing pirate poems. We have also been developing our use of punctuation and grammar.
In maths, we have been exploring how to solve money problems as well as developing our calculation skills. Everyone in our class loves maths because it can be very challenging.
I love the topics we learn about because they are interesting and exciting. We are challenged to think hard about the things we learn.
Information and reminders
- We have PE two times a week. One of these is led by a specialist sports coach
- PE kits need to be in school everyday
- Home learning tasks are set at the start of the term. Children can bring them in on any day
- Spellings go out on a Monday (To be learnt for the Friday)
- Children should be reading for at least 10 minutes a night
- Children must practise multiplication tables regularly