Welcome to scientists Class. Our teacher is Miss Picksley and our teaching assistant is Miss Lloyd. Last term we were be getting messy!
We were learning about all things Towers and Turrets. In this topic we will be learning all about castles, knights and princesses. This topic will help us to develop our historical knowledge and understanding. We will also be listening to exciting stories and learning about what it was like to be a real knight. We might even have a visit from one.....
In maths we will be continuing to focus on our number skills and learning how to problem solve.
Year 2 is the best class ever. We have great fun in our lessons
Our topic this term is 'Land ahoy'. We will be learning abut the sea, coast and pirates. . We will be exploring seaside resorts and finding out about all the things to do with the coast. We have also done topics on castles, plants and gardens as well as a topic all about art and mixing.
We will be writing pirate descriptions and pirate story. We will also be writing pirate poems. We have also been developing our use of punctuation and grammar.
In maths, we have been exploring how to solve money problems as well as developing our calculation skills. Everyone in our class loves maths because it can be very challenging.
I love the topics we learn about because they are interesting and exciting. We are challenged to think hard about the things we learn.
Information and reminders
- We have PE two times a week. One of these is led by a specialist sports coach
- PE kits need to be in school everyday
- Home learning tasks are set at the start of the term. Children can bring them in on any day
- Spellings go out on a Monday (To be learnt for the Friday)
- Children should be reading for at least 10 minutes a night
- Children must practise multiplication tables regularly