Welcome to Year 3. Our teacher is Miss Prichard. Mrs Farrow and Mrs Hardy are teaching assistants in Year 3.
Welcome to Year 3. Our teacher is Miss Pritchard. Mrs Farrow and Mrs Hardy are our teaching assistants in Year 3.
During English in Autumn 1, we shall be writing character descriptions and playscripts based on ‘The Wind in the Willows’. We will then be writing letters/instructions based on the River Trent and finally we will be writing and performing poetry based on ‘The River’ by Valerie Bloom.
During Maths in Autumn 1, our topics will be place value, place value and mental calculation, perimeter, written addition and written subtraction. We shall be focusing on reasoning skills and how to tackle problem solving throughout all topics.
Our Topic for Autumn 1 is ‘Flow’. We shall be learning all about rivers and their characteristics. Can you name any famous rivers throughout the world and locate them on a map?
Our Science topic for Autumn 1 is ‘Plants’. We shall be looking at the structure of plants and learning about how they grow.
Mrs Anderson will be teaching RE and the topic for Autumn 1 is ‘The Good Earth, Giving Thanks’.
In Year 3, the children will be having weekly swimming lessons at Gainsborough Leisure Centre. This takes place of one PE lesson per week. The second PE lesson will be on a Tuesday morning with Mr Frary.
We do lots of activities that are very fun.
"I really enjoy the different topics this year, especially learning about predators. Tigers are my favourite."
Information and reminders
- On Monday we go swimming at Gainsborough Leisure Centre.
- PE kit needs to be in school every day (swimming kit on a Monday)
- We have PE on Tuesday with Mr Frary.
- Spellings are given out at the start of the term and there will be weekly tests on a Monday.
- Home learning is sent out at the beginning of term and can be brought in at any point throughout the term. We would like a minimum of one piece per term.
- Children need to regularly practise their multiplication tables. By the end of Year 3 they should know: 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 8s and 10s. Multiplication tables test will take place on a Monday.