Welcome to Year 3. Our teacher is Miss Pritchard. Mrs Farrow, Mrs Hardy and Miss Stocks are our teaching assistants in Year 3.
During English in Autumn 2, we shall be writing instructions and adverts for some scrumdiddlyumptious delights. We will then be writing our own versions of Charlie and the Chocolate factory and finally we will be looking at food related poetry.
During Maths in Autumn 2, we will be focussing on multiplication and division, geometry and measures. We shall be focusing on reasoning skills and how to tackle problem solving throughout all topics.
Our Topic for Autumn 2 is ‘Scrummdiddlyumptious’. We shall be learning about different types of food and where they come from. We will have the opportunity to make lots of yummy treats.
Our Science topic for Autumn 2 is ‘Rocks’. We will be investigating the properties of different types of rocks.
Mrs Anderson will be teaching RE and the topic for Autumn 2 is ‘The Good Earth, Giving Thanks’ and then ‘The Christmas Story’.
In Year 3, the children will be having weekly swimming lessons at West Lindsey Leisure Centre. This takes place of one PE lesson per week. The second PE lesson will be on a Tuesday morning with Mr Frary.
We do lots of activities that are very fun.
"I really enjoy the different topics this year, especially learning about predators. Tigers are my favourite."
Information and reminders
Information and Reminders
- On Monday we go swimming at West Lindsey Leisure Centre.
- PE kit needs to be in school every day (swimming kit on a Monday). PE kit needs to be a plain white t-shirt, navy or black shorts and plimsoles/trainers. Tracksuit bottoms may be worn outside in the winter.
- We have PE on Tuesday with Mr Frary.
- Spellings are given out at the start of the term and there will be weekly tests on a Monday.
- Home learning is sent out at the beginning of term and can be brought in at any point throughout the term. We would like a minimum of one piece per term.
- Children need to regularly practise their multiplication tables. By the end of Year 3 they should know: 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 8s and 10s. Multiplication tables test will take place on a Monday.