Our teacher is called Mrs Aslett and Mrs Lovely and Miss Nicholls our teaching assistant.
Being at school is really fun, we learn lots of new things.
Let’s grow! Beautiful flowers and tempting herbs. Dig deep and put your back in to it. Nurture your plants and see them flourish.
Harvest crops and use a range of produce to make soups and dishes of seasonal foods. Learn about farms and where food comes from, writing reports on worldwide produce.
Discover the insides of a plant. Learn the names for all the parts of a flower and then use your art skills to admire their beauty.
After all that hard work, have your fingers gone green?
- Plant some of your own plants at home. Record their growth with pictures. Could you measure them and display this measurement on a chart?
- Write a letter to persuade people to look after their environment
- Collect images of flowers and plants from magazines to create a collage.
- Design your own dream garden. Make detailed sketches and label your areas and features.
- Make your own flower arrangements with some flowers you have grown.
- Make your own bird feeders to attract birds to your garden. Try and identify and keep track of the birds that arrive.
- Plan some healthy meals for you and your family that use local produce.
- Find the food miles travelled for ingredients in your cupboard.
- Present some information about the lifecycle of an animal of your choosing.
- Keep track of any living things you see in your garden. Present these results to the class.
We look forward to seeing your amazing homework!
Information and reminders
- PE kits need to be in school every day
- Home learning tasks are set at the start of the term. Children can bring them in on any day
- Spellings go out on a Friday (to be learnt for the following week)
- Children should be reading for at least 10 minutes a night
- Children must practise multiplication tables regularly