Our teacher is Mr Brown and our teaching assistant is Mrs Wisdom. This term we are learning all about South America. Our topic is: "Hola Mexico!"
During the first half term, Y6 will be learning about South America in our topic: ‘Hola Mexico!’
We will be exploring this unique country, from its temples and stunning geography to its fun – packed festivals. We will also be concocting some of Mexico’s fine foods and drinks which will include tasty cocktails and some very spicy dishes!
As historians, we will investigate the mysterious world of the ancient Maya civilisation and learn about many of their strange rituals.
As artists, we will look closely at Mexican death - masks and design our own; we will also be creating our own sculptures.
In computing, we will learn about internet safety and create a presentation for children; this will teach younger children how to stay safe when online. We will of course be working hard every day in lots of other subjects and plan to have a lot of fun as we do so!
We care about our learning in year 6. We want to be the best.
We respect each other, always try our best and follow the golden rules.
Information and reminders
- We have two PE lessons a week.
- PE kits need to be in school every day
- Home learning tasks are set at the start of the term. Children can bring them in on any day
- Regular support activities will be sent home to help children with Maths and English
- Spellings go out on a Friday (to be learnt for the following week)
- Children should be reading for at least 20 minutes a night
- Children must practise multiplication tables regularly