Our teacher is Mr Brown and our teaching assistant is Mrs Wisdom. This term we are learning all about Frozen Kingdoms.
Year 6: Blood Heart
This term, Y6 will be exploring the human body with our focus on the circulatory system and the heart. We will learn how blood flows through the human body by examining and dissecting animal hearts – this is not for the squeamish! We will also learn about the importance of keeping our hearts healthy by living a healthy lifestyle; we will learn about the damage caused by smoking to the lungs and heart. We will use pulse metres to record how hard our hearts work during various exercises and present our findings in various graphs and pie charts. As well as this, we will research healthy recipes in Design and Technology lessons and produce some mouth-watering food!
We care about our learning in year 6. We want to be the best.
We respect each other, always try our best and follow the golden rules.
Information and reminders
We have two PE lessons a week.
- PE kits need to be in school every day
- Home learning tasks are set at the start of the term. Children can bring them in on any day
- Regular support activities will be sent home to help children with Maths and English
- Spellings go out on a Friday (to be learnt for the following week)
- Children should be reading for at least 20 minutes a night
- Children must practise multiplication tables regularly