Welcome to Explorers. Our teacher is called Mrs Nicholl and Mrs Cooke and Miss Crooks are our teaching assistants.
The children are very excited about their new topic, “How Does that Building Stay Up?”
Term 3 Independence Focus
This term’s focus is independence. Children will be rewarded for showing independence skills. Such as: Dressing, putting their coats on, flushing the toilet, helping themselves to a drink and toilet hygiene.
This topic will develop the children’s curiosity, understanding, knowledge and imagination about Buildings and Materials.
We will be learning about:
- The different types of buildings;
- Their own houses and homes;
- About different types of building materials and their qualities;
- How to use, make and build using a range of building and small construction. materials;
- About Jobs that include building;
- About measuring.
HOME LEARNING IDEAS
- Share the story of the “Three Little Pigs” and draw a picture.
- Look at the shapes on my house
- Design a building
- Make a model of a building in my area
- Go on a walk around my area and look at the different buildings.
- Create a list of buildings I see on my way home.
Share Morning 31st January 2019 you are invited to come and share breakfast with your child and join in with a building challenge.
Breakfast Meeting 22nd January 2019 at 8:55 Please come and share breakfast and find out more about your child’s reading.
"I love school because I see my friends!"
"My favourite colour is green, we learned about numbers today!"
"I can't wait to find out about the dinosaurs, they're just the best!
Information and reminders
- Don't forget to upload your holiday pictures and activities to Tapestry!
- Home learning tasks are set at the start of the term. Children can bring them in on any day.
- Children must have a coat at school.
- Children should be reading/being read too for at least 10 minutes a night.