Welcome to Explorers. Our teacher is called Mrs Nicholl and Mrs Cooke and Miss Crooks are our teaching assistants.
The children are very excited about their new topic, “Why Do Leaves Go Crispy?”
This topic will develop the children’s curiosity, understanding, knowledge and imagination about Autumn.
We will be learning about:
- The way plants and animals adapt to the changing seasons;
- Hibernation and the way that animals and birds prepare for winter;
- How to use simple scientific equipment to make observations about autumn colours;
- Fruits and seeds.
HOME LEARNING IDEAS
- Go for a walk around the local park collecting leaves and conkers.
- Make an autumn collage.
- Leaf stamping
- Paint pictures using Autumn colours.
- Share an Autumn story.
- Look at Autumn photos.
PJ day will now be on the Friday 9th November.
"I love school because I see my friends!"
"My favourite colour is green, we learned about numbers today!"
"I can't wait to find out about the dinosaurs, they're just the best!
Information and reminders
- Don't forget to upload your holiday pictures and activities to Tapestry!
- Home learning tasks are set at the start of the term. Children can bring them in on any day.
- Children must have a coat at school.
- Children should be reading/being read too for at least 10 minutes a night.