Welcome to Astronauts class. Our Teacher is called Mrs Nicholl and Mrs Wright and Miss Hardy are our Teaching Assistants.
The children are very excited about their new topic, “Why Do Leaves Go Crispy?”
This topic will develop the children’s curiosity, understanding, knowledge and imagination about Autumn.
We will be learning about:
- The way plants and animals adapt to the changing seasons;
- Hibernation and the way that animals and birds prepare for winter;
- How to use simple scientific equipment to make observations about autumn colours;
- Fruits and seeds.
HOME LEARNING IDEAS
- Go for a walk around the local park collecting leaves and conkers.
- Make an autumn collage.
- Leaf stamping
- Paint pictures using Autumn colours.
- Share an Autumn story.
- Look at Autumn photos.
PJ day will now be on the Friday 9th November.
"His writing is coming on so much because he is practicing at home as well as at school!"
"I'm so excited to be back at school because I love learning with you!"
Ideas to support your Child’s learning at home:
- Read and share stories about friends and relationships.
- Share family and friends photographs and experiences.
- Create models, paintings and pictures of family members.
- Discuss sharing and responsibilities.
We would really love to see the work that your children do at home. Please bring pictures of any WOW moments or anything you do with your child into school so we can display it on the homework board.
The class is very welcoming and the teachers are friendly and approachable. Lovely to see the progress Mason has made since it started in September
"Astronauts is AWESOME"
Information and reminders
- PE kits need to be in school everyday
- Home learning tasks are set at the start of the term. Children can bring them in on any day.
- Children must have a coat at school
- Children should be reading/being read too for at least 10 minutes a night