Welcome to Artists. Our teacher is called Miss Dickens and our teaching assistant is Mrs Cooke.
Welcome to Year One. Our teacher is Miss Dickens. Mrs Cooke, Mrs Hardy and Mrs Birkett are our fabulous teaching assistants.
In term one we are going to go on an adventure through the Enchanted Woodland, we shall be delving into traditional tales and learning about animals who may have a tail. In English, we shall be creating wanted posters for the Big Bad Wolf, retelling stories and giving them an alternative ending.
During Maths, we will be looking at number and place value, measure, addition and subtraction and geometry all linking into our topic – Enchanted Woodland.
In Year One we are lucky enough to have two special people come in and teach us PE – Mr Frary on a Tuesday afternoon and Mr Weeks on a Friday afternoon.
Year One is so amazing I cannot wait to get writing
Information and reminders
- PE needs to in school everyday
- We have PE on a Tuesday with Mr Frary and Fridays with Mr Weeks
- Phonics flash cards will be given out a ‘sound family’ per week for the children to get familiar with
- Home learning is sent out at the beginning of term and can be brought in at any point throughout the term. We would like a minimum of one piece per term
- It is desirable that children read as often as they can at home