Welcome to Year 3. Our teacher is Miss Pritchard. Mrs Farrow, Mrs Hardy and Miss Stocks are our teaching assistants in Year 3.
Our topic for Summer 2 is ‘Urban Pioneers’ and our science topic is ‘Light. We are really looking forward to learning all about Banksy and creating our own versions of his work.
This term in English we are focusing on non-fiction writing. We shall be looking at persuasive letters.
Now that we have mastered the four basic calculations, we shall be focusing on reasoning in problem solving. We will be using the RUCSAC strategy.
In Year 3, the children will be having weekly swimming lessons at West Lindsey Leisure Centre. This takes place of one PE lesson per week. The second PE lesson will be on a Tuesday morning with Mr Frary. This term they shall be doing PE outside so will need trainers/plimsoles.
Quotes from children:
I have really enjoyed science in Year 3. My favourite lesson was learning all about the human skeleton.
I like maths because I get to learn new things that I don’t know.
Before I came to this school, I was a little scared to meet everyone but it turned out that all of the children are very nice.
I like topic because we get to do lots of fun stuff.
I liked our Predator topic because it was really interesting.
I liked out Predator topic because we learnt things about animals that I didn’t know before.
This term in English we are focusing on visual literacy. The children will be watching short animations and will then be writing narratives to go with them. After our class trip, we will be writing non-chronological reports about the animals we have seen.
Now that we have mastered the four basic calculations, we shall be focusing on reasoning in problem solving. We have been using the RUCSAC strategy.
In Year 3, the children will be having weekly swimming lessons at West Lindsey Leisure Centre. This takes place of one PE lesson per week. The second PE lesson will be on a Tuesday morning with Mr Frary. This term they shall be doing cricket outside so will need trainers/plimsoles.
We do lots of activities that are very fun.
"I really enjoy the different topics this year, especially learning about predators. Tigers are my favourite."
Information and reminders
Information and Reminders
- On Monday we go swimming at West Lindsey Leisure Centre.
- PE kit needs to be in school every day (swimming kit on a Monday). PE kit needs to be a plain white t-shirt, navy or black shorts and plimsoles/trainers. Tracksuit bottoms may be worn outside in the winter.
- We have PE on Tuesday with Mr Frary.
- Spellings are given out at the start of the term and there will be weekly tests on a Monday.
- Home learning is sent out at the beginning of term and can be brought in at any point throughout the term. We would like a minimum of one piece per term.
- Children need to regularly practice their multiplication tables. By the end of Year 3 they should know: 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 8s and 10s. Multiplication tables test will take place on a Monday.