Welcome to Year 5. Our teacher is Mrs. Aslett. We will also be taught some of the time by Mr. Saxilby. Our Teaching Assistant is Mrs. Lovely.
I really like the reading area in class because it looks nice and is comfy.
Journey through space, the final frontier. Navigate beyond the Sun, the magnificent, blazing star at the centre of our solar system!
Investigate the eight planets- Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and Neptune. Take a look at the Moon, a celestial body that orbits Earth.
Work scientifically to investigate gravity and other forces. Compare the time of day at different places on the Earth. Get in a spin, making models of the solar system and listen to haunting sounds of space-themed songs.
Then it’s three, two, one… BLAST OFF!
Y5 PE days are Mon and Thurs. so please send your child with full kit including trainers.
Forest school is on a Tuesday
Y5 have a spelling and times table text every Friday as well as having their reading diaries checked most days.
Information and reminders
- We have PE with Mrs Anderson on Monday.
- Spellings are given out at the start of the term and there will be weekly tests on a Friday.
- Home learning is sent out at the beginning of term and can be brought in at any point throughout the term. We would like a minimum of one piece per term.
- Children need to regularly practice their multiplication tables. By the end of Year 5 we should know all their multiplication facts and also the matching division facts. There are some fantastic games online to help practice these.
- Reading tokens will be given to children who read 3 times. It is important that we try to read every night.