Our teacher is Mr Brown and our teaching assistant is Mrs Wisdom. This term we are learning all about the Heart and Body.
Y6 Term 3
A Child’s War
We started our topic at the end of Term 2 and have already covered a few areas related to World War 2. So far we have looked at which countries took place and why war was even necessary in the first place. We then learned about evacuation; we questioned why children had to be split from their families and have begun to look at the impact, both positive and negative, that it had on everyone involved. We are continuing to learn more about what it was like for children on both sides of the conflict and will use different historical sources to help us.
Linked to World War 2, we will develop our design and technology skills by designing and building an ambulance from wood using different types of joins. We will use knowledge from Science lessons to build a circuit which will enable our ambulances to be driven by a small motor (if all goes according to plan!).
We care about our learning in year 6. We want to be the best.
We respect each other, always try our best and follow the golden rules.
Information and reminders
- We have two PE lessons a week.
- PE kits need to be in school every day
- Home learning tasks are set at the start of the term. Children can bring them in on any day
- Regular support activities will be sent home to help children with Maths and English
- Spellings go out on a Friday (to be learnt for the following week)
- Children should be reading for at least 20 minutes a night
- Children must practise multiplication tables regularly