Our teacher is Mr Brown and our teaching assistant is Mrs Wisdom. This term we are learning all about the Heart and Body.
Year 6: Hola Mexico!
During our first term, we will be exploring the unique country of Mexico. Using different maps, we will look in detail at its geography and learn all about is amazing festivals. We will study Mexico’s landscape and compare it to our own explaining the key differences. In Science, we will learn about how animals adapt to their environments and study animals that survive in the harsh Mexican landscapes. When learning about the ‘Day Of The Dead’ festival, we will begin to understand how and why the Mexico people celebrate the death of their loved ones. In Art, we will make different models and decorate masks which they used in many of their celebrations. In D and T, we will study Mexican foods and learn how to make tradition Mexican dishes. In History, we will learn about the ancient Mayan civilisation and also learn about how important chocolate became to them.
We care about our learning in year 6. We want to be the best.
We respect each other, always try our best and follow the golden rules.
Information and reminders
- We have two PE lessons a week.
- PE kits need to be in school every day
- Home learning tasks are set at the start of the term. Children can bring them in on any day
- Regular support activities will be sent home to help children with Maths and English
- Spellings go out on a Friday (to be learnt for the following week)
- Children should be reading for at least 20 minutes a night
- Children must practise multiplication tables regularly