Our teacher is Mr Brown and our teaching assistant is Mrs Wisdom. This term we are learning all about the Heart and Body.
Y6 Summer Term: Blood Heart
This term, our class will be focusing on Science and Art (as well as taking our end of year SAT tests). In Science, we will learn about the different parts of the heart and how they function. We will learn about the importance of living a healthy life and how this will have benefits as we get older.
In Art lessons, we are focusing on the life and work of David Hockney; we will learn how to draw using perspective and use Hockney’s techniques to represent landscapes from our local area.
After SAT’s, we will be working with Mr Groves in the new outside classroom and if we have time in the busy schedule, we might even fit in an end of year play!
We care about our learning in year 6. We want to be the best.
We respect each other, always try our best and follow the golden rules.
Information and reminders
- We have two PE lessons a week.
- PE kits need to be in school every day
- Home learning tasks are set at the start of the term. Children can bring them in on any day
- Regular support activities will be sent home to help children with Maths and English
- Spellings go out on a Friday (to be learnt for the following week)
- Children should be reading for at least 20 minutes a night
- Children must practise multiplication tables regularly