- Talk to your child about what they’re up to online.
- Keep up-to-date with your child’s development online.
- Set boundaries in the online world just as you would in the real world.
- Know what connects to the internet and how e.g. games consoles, mobile phones, music devices.
- Keep all equipment that connects to the internet in a family space.
- Use parental controls on devices that link to the internet, such as TVs and games consoles.
- Watch e-safety films and cartoons with your child and talk about the issues raised.
Make sure to read the resources and website links below which include a guide for parents to help keep your child safe online, and also some general advice on safety for junior aged children (age 7-11).