At Benjamin Adlard we are committed to supporting all learners to achieve their very best. Please look at the information below, for how we support children with Special Educational Needs.
At Benjamin Adlard Primary School we are “Creating a haven in which children flourish”; the word children means all children regardless of ethnicity, background, needs or disabilities. This information has been co-produced with parents and carers and has taken into consideration the views of the children in the school. As such we have aimed to answer some common questions raised. Please download the attached guide to read the answers to these common questions:
- What should I do if I think my child has special educational needs?
- How will the school respond to my concern?
- How will the school decide if my child needs extra support?
- What will the school do to support my child?
- Who will support my child in school?
- What training and experience do staff have for the additional support my child needs?
- Who else might be involved in supporting my child?
- What support will be there for my child’s emotional and social well-being?
- How will my child be involved in the process and be able to contribute their views?
- How will the curriculum be matched to my child’s needs?
- What opportunities will there be for me to discuss my child’s attainment and achievement? How will I know how well my child is progressing?
- How does the school know how well my child is doing?
- How will my child be included in activities outside the classroom including school trips?
- How accessible is the school environment? How accessible is the curriculum?
- How will the school prepare and support my child to join the school and to transfer to a new setting?
- How can I be involved in supporting my child?
- How can I access support for myself and my family?
- Who can I contact for further information?
Our SENCO is Mrs Glover. Please book an appointment if you need to discuss any concerns or worries related to Special Needs Education.